Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Tot School Tuesday: May Day Flowers

 Happy May Day! Today the boys and I made May Day baskets and delivered flowers to our neighbours and family. The boys had a great time decorating their baskets and thought it was so much fun to hang them on doorknobs and run away.

I wanted to keep this simple, since the twins are only 2 1/2 and B seems to have a short attention span lately.

To make May Day baskets you will need:

  • Construction Paper
  •  Markers/Crayons
  • Tape
  • Stapler
  • Flowers 
              I gave each of the boys a sheet of construction paper and some markers. They colored and scribbled to their liking. B drew flowers and bees on one of his baskets.

After the boys were done coloring, I rolled the paper up into a large cone and taped the side. I cut strips of construction paper about 1" by 6". I stapled these to the cone as a handle.

The boys helped me fill the cones with flowers, that their daddy picked up at the store. I would have loved to have them pick some wild flowers or flowers from the garden, but we still don't have much growing around here.


 L didn't want to go with us to deliver around our neighbourhood, but joined us went we went to take some to Grandma. L and A each picked one house in our neighbourhood to take their baskets to and they walked over, sneaking through our yard. Kids are so darn cute when they are trying to be sneaky.

They hung their baskets on the door knob, rang the door bell and ran off. They were so excited and kept talking about how happy the neighbours would be when they saw their surprise flowers.

I hope my little men made someone happy today. I know they made my day special, and I'm pretty sure it was a great day for them too.


For more fun Tot-School Ideas check out 1+1+1=1 and other participating blogs by clicking the image below.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Find Me On Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab my Button

Once Upon a Baby

Followers

My Favorites

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana