Saturday, 9 July 2011

Hippy Hippy Snap Diaper Pattern Review

I chose to sew from the Hippy Hippy Snap diaper pattern this week. It is another one of those infamous diaper patterns with great reviews in the diaper sewing community, so I had to try one for myself.

The Hippy Hippy Snap pattern, is a great price at only $5 at doddlebee.com. As with the last pattern I reviewed, this pattern is also a download. I really love that. It's convenient and I don't have to wait for it to be mailed, just print it out and tape the pieces together. The pieces fit together with no issues and was easy-peasy to cut out. The pattern has 4 different sizes NB, small, med., and large.

This pattern is written to be sewn into either a PUL pocket, or a fitted pocket (not waterproof). I chose to make another PUL pocket diaper, so I used an inner layer of suede cloth and an outer layer of a fun orange ooga booga printed PUL. I made a medium, and it came together very well. It was another very easy to follow pattern, will well written instructions. I do wish that it had some explanation on the sizes just for reference, but over all it was a nicely made pattern.

The finished diaper turned out really cute. It is a very trim diaper through the rise. I actually have a little bit of trouble getting the soaker stuffed into the diaper, because it is such a tight fit. I should probably make up a slender little soaker just for this diaper. There is actually a supplementary pattern on the website for a soaker pattern to go with this diaper.

 The fit is great on my boys, and overall it's a very nice little diaper. I would love to try this pattern again to make a fitted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Find Me On Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab my Button

Once Upon a Baby

Followers

My Favorites

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana