Friday, 19 November 2010

A HappyBelly is just one bite away...




While exploring options for organic baby food, I came across Happy Baby and am so excited to share their awesome products with you. They carry a huge line with a lot of variety. From baby snacks like puffs and melts to toddler meals, they are sure to have just what you need.

What caught my attention right away is that their baby foods come in pouches rather than jars. The reason for this is that it allows them to preserve them without additives and at a lower temperature. This is important because preserving at a lower temperature yields a higher nutritional value. Another great thing about the pouches is that they are BPA and Phalate free! Woot Woot!

HappyBaby pouches come in three stages. Stage 1, Starting solids includes classic starters like pears and mangos. Stage 2, Simple Combos has some really fun combos like “banana, beet, and blueberry”. Stage 3, Balanced meals, are geared toward the more practiced eaters with a bit more texture and options like “amaranth ratatouille”.
We were lucky enough to review HappyBellies organic baby cereals. They come in three varieties: organic brown rice, organic oatmeal, and organic multi-grain cereals. They are the first baby cereals to incorporate DHA and probiotics (good bacteria that strengthen the digestive system and help to prevent allergies).

My babies are past the point of eating just cereal mixed with breast milk, although it can be prepared that way. We have had some food aversions and setbacks in the eating development area, that had to do with the fact that they were born 5 weeks early. So, I have been working with them on texture by adding cereal to their purees. A is doing great with it and will pretty much eat anything you put in front of him. L however, is back on a non-gaining streak again. Ugh.

He refuses anything with texture, with the exception of cheerios. Who knows why. The “big brand” infant cereals tend to clump up when mixed with purees, but I have not found this to be the case with HappyBellies cereals. It seems to me that it is more powdery and mixes more nicely into the food. I started by mixing it with sweet potatoes. L didn’t have a problem with it at all, and he normally spits out anything that I mix with cereal. Also I love that the mixed grain cereal is a combo of whole oats, amaranth, and quinoa. It's a much more interesting combo than the other available options out there.

HappyBaby has many other baby and toddler foods that you should check out, and they are kind enough to be giving one reader a set of coupons for free products!


To enter, head over to HappyBaby and comment on this post, telling me about one other product that you like, other than what I mentioned in my review.

Want extra Entries???


Leave a separate comment for each entry.
Follow my blog :)
Follow Once Upon a Baby on twitter.
Follow HappyBabyFood on twitter.
Like Once Upon a Baby on Facebook.
Like HappyFamily on Facebook.
Grab my button and post it to your blog, leave a link.
Tweet this giveaway and leave a link to the tweet (can do once per day)

Open to US residents only. Ends on 12/13/10. Winner will be determined by random.org. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn. As always this is an honest review full of my own opinions. I was not compensated for this review other than being sent coupons for free samples of the product to review.

13 comments:

  1. I would totally like to get the frozen foods... that would be great! I added them to my favorites page.. with a new baby coming in 2 months.. I will need this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that the brown rice cereal is dairy, soy, gluten & wheat free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Apple Puffs looks delish for my little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to try the mixed berry happy melts too! tylerpants{at}gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a GFC follower. tylerpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Likes Once Upon a Baby on Facebook (Lisa L). rpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Likes HAPPYFAMILY on Facebook (Lisa L). rpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Find Me On Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab my Button

Once Upon a Baby

Followers

My Favorites

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana