Sunday, 14 November 2010

Another great product from Thirsties


Cloth diapering folks, you've got to try this detergent from Thirsties! We started having some diaper issues about a month ago. It seems that baby A has very sensitive skin and something in my favorite powdered detergents was really bothering him. I'm not sure what it was, but it was just rash after rash, and only on A. L didn't show any signs of irritation. So, I switched diaper detergents. I now use Thirsties Prewash and Superwash. His skin is clearing up and we pretty much rash free.

I've loved Thirsties products since we started using cloth, and I've talked about their duo diapers before here. When I started looking for another wash solution, Thirsties was the first thing on my radar. Not only did it clear up the rash, but it really simplified our wash routine. All you have to do is pre-clean the diapers with 1/2 ounce of Thirsties Prewash on cold. Follow that with a 1/2 ounce of Thirsties Superwash on hot, with one extra rinse. That sure is an improvement from the complicated laundry routine we were doing. Also, with my old laundry routine we had terrible ammonia build-up and were regularly stripping diapers once a month. There is no need for that anymore, as we haven't had ammonia issues since the switch.

Here's a bit of info on Thirsties Prewash:
•Completely non-toxic solution

•100% biodegradable
•Custom formulated by a chemist specifically for use in pre-washing diapers
 •Designed to help loosen and rinse away waste and bacteria
•Antimicrobial ingredient purifies naturally
•Washes completely clean; will not leave residue
•Highly concentrated to reduce costs and carbon output
•HE Safe
•Made in the USA

And a bit of info on Thirsties Superwash:
•Completely non-toxic solution

•100% biodegradable
•Odorless & colorless
•Custom formulated by a chemist specifically for use in washing cloth diapers
•Probiotic solution introduces good bacteria
•Reduces odor
•Helps prevent diaper rash
•Effectively brightens and whitens without harmful additives
•Washes completely clean; will not leave residue
•Highly concentrated to reduce costs and carbon output
•HE Safe
•Made in the USA

You can purchase Thirsties Prewash and Superwash at various online retailers, and be sure to request one of their catalogs here.

Thanks to the fabulous folks over at Thirsties, you have a chance to win a set of Thirsties Prewash and Superwash!
Here's how to enter:
This comment is mandatory and if not included, all other entries will be void.
Visit Thirsties and comment here telling me about one other product that you'd love to try.
(make sure to leave an email address to contact you with)

Want extra Entries??? 
Leave a separate comment for each entry.
{Ended} The winner is: # 12, Chelsea! Congrats, I've just contacted you!
Giveaway open to US residents only. Ends at noon pacific time on 11/28/10. Winner will be determined by random.org. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn. As always this is an honest review full of my own opinions. I was not compensated in any way other than receiving this product to review. Thank-you Thirsties.

21 comments:

  1. wow I'd love to try this! I currently use rock n green.. and I am mostly satisfied.. but not 100% I REALLY love thirty covers.. but I really want to try a duo cover.. I have a regular cover in a size large for my son.. it is awesome.. never leaks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try the duo diapers. (I have only tried fuzzibunz diapers so far.)

    martinez0042@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to try the duo diapers. pearlho81 gmail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow your blog pearlho81 at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like once upon a baby on fb

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like thirsties on fb pearlho81 at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to try the Thirsties booty luster & fab wipes! I just switched to cloth but we are still using disposable wipes so I guess I know what our next goal is!
    whompingwillow9.3.4 at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Thirsties on FB
    whompingwillow9.3.4 at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like OUAB on FB
    whompingwillow9.3.4 at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to try the Thirsties Booty Luster instead of always buying wipes! tylerpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a GFC follower. tylerpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Likes Once Upon a Baby on Facebook (Lisa L). tylerpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Likes Thirsties on Facebook (Lisa L). tylerpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd love to try the diaper covers too. I like how they're easy to use for dads too. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have just installed iStripper, so I can watch the best virtual strippers on my taskbar.

    ReplyDelete

Find Me On Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab my Button

Once Upon a Baby

Followers

My Favorites

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana