Friday, 8 October 2010

It's past my bedtime...

All three children are sound asleep, what a rarity. This is it, my opportunity to catch up on some much needed rest. Yet, do I? Of course not. I'm too excited to sleep. Today a package I've been anxiously anticipating arrived! You see, a couple of weeks ago, I was contacted about reviewing a new book, written by someone that I absolutely love, Jenny McCarthy. She just happens to be one of the few moms in the media spotlight that I admire, and I have greatly enjoyed two of her previous books, Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth, and Baby Laughs: The Naked Truth About the First Year of Mommyhood. I also admire her for being an activist for "greening" our vaccines.

You can imagine my joy to open up my mailbox today (well nearly yesterday) and find a nice little box with a signed and personalized copy of her new book, Love, Lust & Faking It: The Naked Truth About Sex, Lies, and True Romance. You know what else? They sent a copy for me to give away too! It get's better. It's a signed copy!!!
I'll be the first to say that this is diferent than most of the items that I review, but I NEED something to read that is not about positive discipline for toddlers, increasing my milk supply, or the many toxic chemicals to avoid in pretty much everything. So off I go to read. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't put it down until I'm finished, but I hope that I can be more sensible than that. Believe me, I'll let you know what I think as soon as I'm done, and with that review will be a giveaway for the other copy. Squeeeee!!! I'm so excited!

Now, if for some reason you just can't wait and you absolutely need it now, you can purchase a copy here, from Amazon. If you've signed up for Amazon Mom (who hasn't, right), you'll get it super fast with the free Amazon Prime 2 day shipping.

2 comments:

  1. I wish she hadn't been so anti-breast-feeding in her one book. It made me sad, especially since it appears that breastfed children are less likely to suffer from autism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I really wish that I hadn't passed my copies of Belly Laughs and Baby Laughs on to a friend. I don't remember thinking it was anti-bf, but I read them before our first was born, which was before I started paying attention to that type of thing. You know where I stand on BFing though.

    Which book was anti-bf? Perhaps I'll request it at the library and see what you mean.

    ReplyDelete

Find Me On Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab my Button

Once Upon a Baby

Followers

My Favorites

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana