Sunday, 9 May 2010

The New Mommy

Every child begins the world again. Henry David Thoreau

Happy Mother's Day and welcome to day two of "Hooray for Mommies". Today is the day that I recognize new mothers. When I say new mothers, what I really should be saying is mothers of new babies. I have been lucky enough to be a mama of new babies twice, to three babies.

Having a new baby is an experience like nothing else. In a moment, your entire life changes and you find yourself responsible for every aspect of another being (or multiple beings). The moment I first saw B and heard his first cries I knew that my life was no longer about me.

Being a new mommy has it's wonderful and special moments, but certainly has it's share of difficulties as well. New Mommies, you deserve a day to relax. You do so much and it does not go unnoticed and unappreciated. Your days are full of diaper changes, feedings, baths, tummy time, and all of the other household tasks. Your nights are full of wakefulness and your arms are full of baby (or in my case, babies).

Your babies appreciate you. Every smile, coo, and cuddle shows their appreciation. It may seem that these things are unnoticed, but they aren't. You are amazing. You are raising a human and are doing a great job. Congratulations on entering motherhood and on your precious bundle(s) of joy. :::raises glass to all the new mommies:::

-----------------------------------------------------------------
One thing that has helped me considerably as a new mommy is knowing how to properly swaddle my baby. It is amazing how a simply swaddling a baby can change their mood almost instantly. It gives them a sense of security.
The book "Swaddle Love" by Raegan Moya-Jones is the perfect introduction to swaddling for new parents. Not only does her book give simple, easy to follow instructions for swaddling, but it also gives parents insight on the science behind swaddling and the vast history that surrounds it. The book is both useful and delightful to read. If you are a new mommy, or are looking for a gift for a new mommy, this would be a great purchase.

You can find it here at Aden+Anais for $19.95. While your there, take a look at their beautiful and practical muslin swaddle blankets. They are soft and breathable, and are generously sized at 47"x 47" and make swaddling a breeze. These is my favorite set:



I want to extend a big thank-you to Aden + Anais for sending me a copy of Swaddle Love to review. It was my pleasure. As always, this review is written with my own honest opinions. I was not paid or compensated in any way other than receiving a copy of the book to review.

1 comment:

Find Me On Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab my Button

Once Upon a Baby

Followers

My Favorites

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana