Saturday, 8 May 2010

The Expectant Mommy

Before you were conceived I wanted you
Before you were born I loved you

Before you were here an hour I would die for you

This is the miracle of Mother's Love.

-Maureen Hawkins

Thanks for visiting for day 1 of "Hooray for Mommies"! Expectant mommies, today is all about you.

Pregnancy is the most life changing adventure I can think of. From the moment I found out I was pregnant, I was head over heels in love with a child I could only imagine. It still amazes me how much love I immediately had built up for the baby, how excited two pink lines can make you, and how terrified at the same time.

After going through two pregnancies, I envy those who say they love being pregnant and relish in their state. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled to be expecting, both times. I was just too darn uncomfortable to enjoy the baby growing process.

Of course I found joy in many things. Any pregnant mama will tell you how fabulous it is to be past the stage of "Is she pregnant, or just flabby and bloated". Starting to show was very exciting for me both times. Wearing maternity clothes for the first time goes along with that and was also super exciting. The excitement of that faded quickly for me in my last pregnancy, since they do not make maternity clothing to fit 30 week pregnant twin mamas who are very petite sans the belly.

My very favorite part of my pregnancies was when my baby/babies started to kick and wiggle. It makes it so real. This little perfect thing that you love with your entire heart and are preparing for is finally making themselves known. (besides making you miserably sick that first trimester).

So, to all you pregnant mamas out there, Happy Mother's Day! You are amazing to be growing a life inside of you. Kick up your feet and relax. No matter how tired, uncomfortable, or sick you are, try to enjoy a moment and enjoy being pregnant. Meditate on the love you have for your baby. Enjoy your excitement. Before you know it (though I'm sure not soon enough) your little one(s) will be here and a whole new and fabulous life while begin.

----------------------------------------------
While expecting the twins I checked out "Smart Mamas Green Guide" by Jennifer Taggart from our local library. I dove into it, expecting some tips on eating organic, and avoiding lead paint. I found so much more than that. Her book is full of information on how to protect our children from various toxins and nasty substances. I honestly had no idea about the impact all of the chemicals we live with has on our children and the environment. Jennifer Taggart is a very smart woman and has done her research. I purchased my own copy in honor of earth day and reference it daily. Her book literally changed my life and I suggest that every parent purchase a copy of this book and read it cover to cover.


I contact the author and she was kind enough to agree to give away a copy of her book to one lucky Once Upon a Baby reader.

Here's how to Enter:
Visit The Smart Mama and tell me one thing, anything, you learned from her site.
This comment is mandatory and if not included, additional comments will be void.
(please leave a contact email address)

Extra Entries:
leave one comment for each entry

Open to US residents only. Ends on 5/15/10. Winner will be determined by random.org. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn. As always this is an honest review full of my own opinions. I was not compensated in any way or given any product for this review and mention. I just honestly love this book.



6 comments:

  1. I found great recipes for green cleaners, playdough, and flea control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. button is on my blog

    talesofthewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. tweet

    http://twitter.com/talesofthewife/status/13733323257

    ReplyDelete

Find Me On Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab my Button

Once Upon a Baby

Followers

My Favorites

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana