Thursday, 4 March 2010

Life Without Plastic



We are now on day 10 of the plastic free kitchen challenge and I am really making some progress! One of the hardest areas for me is switching to non-plastic food storage. I have so many plastic containers that it is hard to make this switch. While I was researching alternatives, I came upon Life Without Plastic, a great website devoted to reducing the large quantities of plastic consumed.

Chantal and Jay, co-founders/co-owners run a fabulous retail site Here, a great blog, and started their own product brand Sanctos Mundo. The birth of their son in 2003 is what really drove them to search for alternatives. It's funny how we can go on for ever knowing these things, but once our children come into the picture, everything changes. My children are what is pushing me to make these changes in our lifestyle as well. There are so many reasons for reducing you plastic use and if you are looking for more information there website and blog are wonderful resources. I especially recommend starting Here and Here.

I was sent one of their stainless steel airtight containers to review. They are made by Sanctos Mundo and can be purchased at Life Without Plastic. They are available in 4 different sizes. It has worked great for me. I used it at first for dinner leftovers. While you can't microwave it, it is over safe and it's easy to pop it in the toaster oven to heat up your lunch. I was a bit nervous to use it with a non-solid food, but worked up the courage to try applesauce in it to take in the diaper bag. It was great, no leaks at all! An important thing to note is that it is made of a high quality stainless steel that is food safe and their products are also BPA free. Another great detail for busy mamas like me is that the bottom part is dishwasher safe. You gotta love that!


The fabulous people of Life Without Plastic are offering one lucky Once Upon A Baby reader a chance to win one of their containers.


Here's How to Enter
Visit Life Without Plastic and comment here telling me one other product that they carry that you are interested in. Be sure to leave me an email address to contact you by. (this comment is mandatory, if not included all other entries will be void)

Extra Entries
(leave one comment for each entry)

Ends at noon pacific time on 3/18/10. Winner will be determined by random.org. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn. As always this is an honest review full of my own opinions. I was not compensated in any way other than receiving a container to review.

48 comments:

  1. I really want the Children's 3-Piece Green Frog Dish Set with Stainless Steel Interior. LOVE it!!

    jessiessie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow the blog

    jessiessie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow life withouut plastic's blog

    jessiessie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of OUAB on facebook

    jessiessie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Children's Cereal Bowl Set. My son goes through tons of bowls a day, they are so cute.

    Wendy
    wlcw425@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a fan of OUAB on facebook.

    Wendy
    wlcw425@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dinner ware, and the cute frog kids set is my fav, but i really like all of them. I do have three kids
    vedodili@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i follow your blog
    vedodili@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i follow you on facebook
    vedodili@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. also follow on twitter
    vedodili@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the children's dishes, especially the ones with the tiger on them, very cute.

    jlkarls3(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow your blog.

    jlkarls3(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. And am a fan of OUAB on facebook.

    jlkarls3(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the stainless steel cereal bowls for kids. i actually just purchased some through the natural baby and had no idea this was the company that makes them! :)
    writeroxie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. i follow your blog
    writeroxie at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i am a fan of life without plastic on facebook as roxanne debord
    writeroxie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. i registered for life without plastic's blog feed writeroxie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. i follow ouab on twitter as writeroxie
    writeroxie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. i follow life without plastic on twitter as writeroxie
    writeroxie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. i put your button on my blog.
    stinkermama.blogspot.com
    writeroxie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stainless Steel Oval Food Storage/Lunch Box, 16 cm (6.25")
    jessicakaloger@ gmail.com
    i follow on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Wooden Wheel Loader is really cute. I like that there is lots of detail and yet simple looking at the same time (does that make sense?)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! Great giveaway, again! You have so many great ones :)

    I follow this blog

    thecrunchywife at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm a fan of OUAB on Facebook

    thecrunchywife at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm a fan of Life WIthout Plastic on FB

    thecrunchywife at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I follow OUAB on twitter

    thecrunchywife at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I follow Life Without Plastic on twitter!

    thecrunchywife at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have your button on my blog: www.thecrunchywife.com

    thecrunchywife at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like the flatware in bamboo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Subscribed to life without plastic feed

    ReplyDelete
  31. subscribed to lifewithouplastic newsletter

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like the children's wooden sets and stainless bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your button is on my blog.

    talesofthewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the Children's 5-Piece Japanese Wooden Lacquerware Set jk[dot]gorcery[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I follow you on Twitter (@jkgorcery)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I follow Life Without Plastic on Twitter (@jkgorcery)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I have your button in my blog: http://whateverandbeyond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. The Wooden Dump Truck would be fun for my son! tylerpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I follow your blog. tylerpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I subscribe to Life Without Plastic Blog's feed via Bloglines. tylerpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I subscribed to the Life Without Plastic newsletter. tylerpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Find Me On Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab my Button

Once Upon a Baby

Followers

My Favorites

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana