Monday, 8 March 2010

Leaf Ware: a Great Paper Plate Alternative


When I started planning our switch to a plastic free and paper free kitchen I started researching products that would help us make a smooth transition. I was messing around with google one day and came across this really cool company: Leafware. They provide a great alternative to paper and plastic plates. One thing that I love about them is that they are are compostable. You can just rinse them after you use them and toss them in the compost.


Their mission is create disposable, environmentally friendly dinnerware for contemporary use. They are sustainably produced from fallen leaves and the company provides jobs for many families in the small communities of South Asia.

Leafware sent me some plates to try out and they are great. I was really happy with how sturdy they are. So far they have held up without any problems for spaghetti and Chinese food. They are so stylish that I hate to toss them in the compost. I mean seriously, how freakin cute are these heart plates. Wouldn't that be a fun eco-friendly way to go for disposable plates at an anniversary party or even a wedding?

I love Leafware and there are so many fabulous things about the company. In fact, you have a chance to win some Leafware and find out for yourself how fantastic it is.

How to Enter:
Visit Leafware are comment here telling me one thing you learned about the company or the product. (this comment is mandatory and if not included, additional entries will be void) Be sure to leave a contact email address.

Extra Entries:
one comment for each entry
Ends at noon pacific time on 3/22/10. For US residents only. Winner will be determined by random.org. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn. As always this is an honest review full of my own opinions. I was not compensated in any way other than receiving samples to review.

14 comments:

  1. I learned from the website how leafware is made- from fallen leaves sundried then sterilized and then go to your table to eat upon! How cool is that?!
    writeroxie at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i follow your blog
    writeroxie at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am a ouab fan on facebook as roxanne debord

    ReplyDelete
  4. you button is on my blog
    stinkermama.blogspot.com
    writeroxie at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned that the leaves are dried and heat compressed, so nothing that interfere with food taste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow you on Twitter (@jkgorcery)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow Leafware on Twitter (@jkgorcery)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have your button in my blog: http://whateverandbeyond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i would like to win this im a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read that all of their products are toxin and chemical free, just fallen leaves! Pretty cool! :)

    smithmn1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I follow your blog :)

    smithmn1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I learned that "Disposable Leafware products are made from naturally shed leaves. Fallen leaves are collected, pressure washed, scrubbed, sun dried, compressed and then sterilized to produce an eco-friendly, versatile & elegant dinnerware." that is awesome! lmmarzilli at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I follow your blog lmmarzilli at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Find Me On Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab my Button

Once Upon a Baby

Followers

My Favorites

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana