Wednesday, 17 March 2010

7th Generation: A Better Way to Clean



I was first attracted to Seventh Generation products after reading the book, "Smart Mamas Green Guide". I knew beforehand that there are certain things that you should keep away from children. After reading that book, I realized that didn't want any of the cleaners I had been using to even be in my house anymore.

I've said before that we have infants that were born prematurely. Because their immune systems are a bit behind babies that were carried to term, we have to keep our home very clean. I knew that all of our cleaners had to go, I just didn't know where to go next. I thought about making my own cleaners, but I have so many things going on, that I have no time for that. I contacted Seventh Generation and was sent their Healthy Home Kit to review.



The Kit includes kitchen cleaner, all purpose cleaner, glass and surface cleaner, shower cleaner, toilet cleaner, tub and tile cleaner, a roll of paper towels, and a nice handy tote. I have used them all, and they are all great. My favorite item is the kitchen cleaner. It is fabulous on all kinds of messy situations- especially grease and it smells great. It's wild orange and cedar spice scent and I love it. It smells so, well, clean! The paper towels are great too. Made from 100% recycled and unbleached paper, they are way less wasteful than your regular paper towel.

When there are children involved it is so important to limit their exposure to toxic chemicals. I encourage you all to switch to Seventh Generation products. They are a great company with a great mission, "to inspire a more conscious and sustainable world by being an authentic force for positive change". You can purchase their products at stores nation-wide or online here.


Giveaway has ended and the winner is #15, metta1313 Congrats Again Metta!!!!



Seventh Generation is generously offering one lucky reader a chance to win a Healthy Home Kit. Here's How to Enter
Visit Seventh Generation and comment here telling me about one product that you'd like to try. Leave me a contact email address. (This comment is mandatory and if not included all other entries will be void)

Want Extra Entries?
(There are a lot of ways to get extra entries for this one!)
Leave one comment for each entry


Open to US residents only. Ends at noon pacific time on 3/31/10. Winner will be determined by random.org. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn. As always this is an honest review full of my own opinions. I was not compensated in any way other than receiving a kit to review.

91 comments:

  1. I definitely want to try the all purpose cleaner. I also read an articel about cleaners and decided I didn't want to use the swiffer mop anymore and need to replace a cleaner for that. I didn't want the baby crawling around on the floor exposed to those chemicals. Now I'm thinking about all the cleaning products I use.

    jessalicious01 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. your button is already on my blog : )
    jessalicious01 at yahoo dot com
    http://ldnursemomma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. voted for you
    jessalicious01 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7th gen fan on FB
    jessalicious01 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow your blog!
    Cabunnybump@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow you on twitter and tweeted about the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow 7gen on twitter and tweeted about the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a OUAB fan on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a 7gen fan on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try the dishwasher soap - still looking for that EF alternative!
    cabunnybump@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I already get the 7gen newsletter (love it!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to try the baby laundry detergent.
    365days30andmommyhood at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your button is on my blog...and I think you've seen it already ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I follow you on twitter and I'm going right now to tweet

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'd love to try the 7th generation disinfecting wipes. we go through a ton of wipes around here. lol!
    writeroxie at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i follow your blog
    writeroxie at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. i follow 7th gen by rss feed and i think i already subscribed to their emails.
    writeroxie at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. your button is on my blog
    stinkermama.blogspot.com
    writeroxie at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. voted for you on top mommy blog
    writeroxie at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  20. i am a fan of ouab on facebook as roxanne debord
    writeroxie at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  21. i receive the 7th gen newsletter
    writeroxie at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. i follow 7th gen on twitter and tweet
    http://twitter.com/writeroxie/statuses/10673624060
    writeroxie at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  23. i am a member of the 7th generation community
    http://www.seventhgeneration.com/member/8849
    writeroxie at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would LOVE to try the laundry soap. Too many harsh chemicals in that as it is.

    niccic412 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. got your button http://changingtheuniverse.blogspot.com

    niccic412 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. voted

    niccic412 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. follow OUAB on twitter and tweeted

    niccic412 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. follow 7thgen on twitter and tweeted

    niccic412 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just ran out of glass cleaner and I really want to try the Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner!

    jessiessie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I follow the blog

    jessiessie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I follow 7GenBlog by rss feed

    ReplyDelete
  32. I follow you on twitter and tweeted: http://twitter.com/jessiessie/status/10679846119

    ReplyDelete
  33. I follow 7th gen on twitter (jessiessie) and tweeted

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm a fan of OUAB on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm a fan of 7th Generation on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  36. I signed up to get the 7th Gen newsletter

    jessiessie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm a member of the 7th Generation Nation: http://www.seventhgeneration.com/jessiessie

    ReplyDelete
  38. I would like to try the Concentrated Baby Laundry Liquid

    designbytara (at) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fan of Once Upon a Baby on FaceBook
    Tara Vickers
    designbytara (at) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fan of Seventh Generation on FaceBook

    Tara Vickers
    designbytara (at) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. following onceuponbaby on twitter and sent tweet
    TheWAHM

    designbytara (at) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I would like to try the all purpose cleaner.
    vjsweeley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I follow your blog.
    vjsweeley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I really want to try the Disinfecting Wipes!
    lmmarzilli at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. following your blog lmmarzilli at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I follow the 7Gen blog lmmarzilli at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'm a FB friend of 7th generation lmmarzilli at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I want to try the Chlorine Free Training Pants jk.gorcery@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I follow you on Twitter (@jkgorcery) and I tweeted: https://twitter.com/jkgorcery/status/10843553012

    ReplyDelete
  50. I follow 7th Gen on Twitter (@jkgorcery) and I tweeted: https://twitter.com/jkgorcery/status/10843641908

    ReplyDelete
  51. I want to try the Natural Powdered Laundry soap. Thanks for the chance! bekki1820cb at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  52. Follower of the blog. bekki1820cb at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  53. Have your button: http://2everythinginbetween.blogspot.com/
    bekki1820cb at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  54. Following OUAB on twitter: @bekki1820cb
    Tweeted: http://twitter.com/bekki1820cb/status/10937443595
    bekki1820cb at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  55. Following 7th Gen on twitter: @bekki1820cb
    Tweeted: http://twitter.com/bekki1820cb/status/10937631130
    bekki1820cb at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  56. I get the 7th Generation newsletter. bekki1820cb at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  57. 7th Gen Facebook fan: Bekki Orr
    bekki1820cb at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  58. Your button is on my blog

    talesofthewife.blogspot.com =)

    ReplyDelete
  59. voted for you on top mommy blogs

    ReplyDelete
  60. I would love to try the all purpose cleaner it sounds great
    srh_rn07@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  61. we already use the baby laundry detergent but i would love to try the dishwashing detergent too. i mean we eat off those plates and silverware!
    misseshoneysett[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  62. i voted for you on top mommy blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  63. i've been signed up for the 7th generation newsletter for a loooong time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  64. and im a fan of seventh generation on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I would love to give the Dish Liquid - Lemongrass & Clementine Zest a try! tylerpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. My Seventh Generation Nation profile page: http://www.seventhgeneration.com/member/112404
    tylerpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  67. I'm a GFC follower. tylerpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  68. I'm a 7th Gen newsletter subscriber. tylerpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. Voted for you @ Top Mommy Blogs! tylerpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  70. I'm a 7GenBlog follower by email. tylerpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  71. I would like to try the Delicate Care Laundry Detergent!

    ReplyDelete
  72. I follow the Seventh Generation blog by email.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I signed up for newsletter too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  74. I signed up for Seventh Generation Nation! http://www.seventhgeneration.com/member/141531

    ReplyDelete

Find Me On Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab my Button

Once Upon a Baby

Followers

My Favorites

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana