Monday, 22 February 2010

The Plastic Free Kitchen Challenge

I'm challenging myself to make my kitchen plastic free in 30 days, and you know what- I dare you to play along. Here are a few of the things we are changing:
  • Switch out all childrens plates, bowls, sippy cups, and utensils with non-plastic alternatives.
  • Stop using plastic baggies. We'll discuss alternatives.
  • Ditch plastic grocery bags.
  • Change out plastic food storage containers for non-plastic alternatives.
  • Ditch the disposable silverware, straws, plastic and paper plates, etc.
  • And there's more to come!

Let's make tomorrow (2/23/10) day 1 of the challenge. Woo Hoo!!! This will be fun. Too kick it off I'll post 2 fabulous reviews/giveaways tomorrow!! (both of which pair well with the theme)

*a note to my parents: go ahead and roll your eyes, I know, I know I'm turning into a nutty, crunchy, granola mama, weirdo right? Yeah, you're probably right. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Chickadee, where do you think that you got it from? I am a semi-granola myself...after all I am a child of the 70's. Wink Wink. Love, MoM
    P.S. I am NOT rolling my eyes. So there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very awesome, and great idea for a challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited to see how much I've already done lol my kitchen is pretty much plastic free so I cant wait to see what else you come up with =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great ideas! we've come a long way in this area and it is really satisfying. one of the hardest things to stop using was ziplocks and saran wrap. good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Find Me On Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab my Button

Once Upon a Baby

Followers

My Favorites

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana