Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Glass Straws! How Fabulous!



Being a mommy of 3 under two is exhausting. Every single day I make myself an iced vanilla latte to get myself up and going. (Well usually more than just one) I like to sip these from a straw and that creates a lot of waste. Think about it, I'm throwing something away with each latte. Well, not any more!

I ran across Glass Dharma, a company that specializes in glass drinking straws. I was so intrigued. I contacted them and was thrilled when they sent me some samples to review. Before I get into how awesome the straws are, let me tell you a bit about the company.

Glass Dharma was created by David Leonhardt, a glassblower who realized how much waste is created by plastic straws. Think about it for a second. One glass straw will replace thousands of disposable ones. You can use it at home over and over again, and even take them out with you where ever you go. Imagine yourself never using a plastic straw again.

Ok, and now about the straws! I was skeptical at first about how well a glass straw would hold up in my house full of boys. I'm glad to report that with normal daily use, and being dropped once (oops), they held up fabulously. They are made of the strongest commercial glass available and ever if they do break, they are backed by the company's lifetime guarantee.

These straws are available in three styles: Simple Elegance, Beautiful Bends, and Decorative Dots. My favorite are the Simple Elegance and I have used them in everything from soda to hot coffee. They are much less wasteful, elegant, and non-toxic. What more could you want?

Update: Winner is #34, EarthlyMama...I'll be contacting you shortly :)

How you can get some:
Buy them Here.
or
Enter to win a $25 GlassDharma Gift Certificate courtesy of GlassDharma!!!

Here's how to enter:
Visit GlassDharma and comment telling me one fabulous thing about their straws that I didn't mention. Remember to leave a contact email address. (this comment is mandatory, if not included additional entries will be void)

Want extra Entries????
Leave one comment for each entry
Ends at noon pacific time on 3/9/10. Winner will be determined by random.org. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn. As always this is an honest review full of my own opinions. I was not compensated in any way other than receiving straws to review.

35 comments:

  1. One fabulous thing about about Glass Dharma straws is that one lives at my house. More will join soon. I want to get into the habit of taking one with me when I go out some where.

    tina120981 @ aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I heart straws! I even have cups with them built in...supposed to be cups for kids...

    Oh, and of course you know I follow your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One other cool thing about the glass straws is that they are handmade in the USA! WOO HOO :)

    thecrunchywife at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow glass Dharma's blog

    thecrunchywife at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow Once Upon A Baby on twitter

    thecrunchywife at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow Glass Dharma on twitter!

    thecrunchywife at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a fan of Once Upon A Baby on FB

    thecrunchywife at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a fan of Glass Dharma on FB

    thecrunchywife at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have your button on my blog!

    www.thecrunchywife.com

    thecrunchywife at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. the colors on the straws will never fade as they don't use any paints or coatings- everything is colored glass.

    nikkiseesholtz @ yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. i follow your blog.

    nikkiseesholtz @ yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the fact that if you want something custom, like a certain size or length, then you just email them and they can send you a quote!

    i.draw.stuff@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a GlassDharma Facebook fan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I follow your blog!

    i.draw.stuff@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I follow the GlassDharma blog!

    i.draw.stuff@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love taking my glass straw everywhere...

    BTW... "Clean George" FAB product! free shipping at biketrailgear.com (yep even for 1)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The decorative dots keep the straw from rolling off the table!

    rprmsr@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Their products are made in the USA, handcrafted. These are just what I have been looking for.

    pixieleah@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I became a fan of GlassDharma on facebook.

    pixieleah@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I became a fan of once upon a baby on facebook.

    pixieleah@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I follow your blog.

    pixieleah@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was impressed that they make their straws with specifications and guidelines provided by Corning, Inc. (the makers of pyrex).

    I use a lot of straws, I really need to get some of these.
    Wendy
    wlcw425@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. The beautiful bends straws look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. i learned on the glass dharma website that the straws promote health, are environmentally friendly, and do it with style. they are so cute. I also learned that mcdonalds sells about 52 million meals a day... can you imagine all those straws every day. it makes me want to take a glass straw everywhere.
    writeroxie at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. i follow your blog
    writeroxie at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. i follow glass dharma's blog
    writeroxie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. i follow ouab on twitter as writeroxie
    writeroxie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. i follow glass dharma on twitter as writeroxie
    writeroxie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. i am a fan of ouab on facebook as roxanne debord

    ReplyDelete
  30. i am a fan of glass dharma on facebook
    writeroxie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. i put your cute button on my blog
    stinkermama.blogspot.com
    writeroxie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Find Me On Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab my Button

Once Upon a Baby

Followers

My Favorites

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana