Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Dapple: Cleaning Products that are safe for baby

Our twins were born at 35 weeks and spent a week in the NICU. While we were there it was drilled into our heads that everything that comes in contact with baby must be clean. While visiting them we scrubbed in and wore hospital provided gowns over our clothes. So, when we brought the boys home, we felt the need to make sure everything was clean. I spent hours sterilizing everything they might come in contact with and rewashing everything just in case. I wanted to make sure that every toy in our house, every counter top, every door knob was germ free.

Then I started thinking about the harsh cleaners that I was using. I did some research and found that I didn't even want these things in my house at all. Not only that, but my cleaners were terrible for the environment. Yikes. I wasn't sure how to keep everything clean are not spread toxic chemicals all over.

I started to search for natural cleaners and found Dapple cleaning products. Dapple was founded by two moms who wanted to make a line of natural based cleaning products for families with children. They make their cleaners specifically to clean the messes that our little ones leave behind. I was sent their toy cleaner spray and their travel dish liquid.


They toy cleaner spray is fabulous. It works well at cleaning various sticky messes. I've used it on toys, counter tops, the dinner table, and the high chair. One thing that I love is that it is NOT antibacterial. I think that it's important for our little ones to build up their immune systems and it is hard to find products that are not antibacterial. Since it's fragranced with lavender essential oil, it doesn't even smell like a cleaner.

At first I wasn't sure what anyone would do with a travel sized bottle of dish soap, but once I put it in the diaper bag, I was surprised at how often I reach for it. I love natural baby products and I feel good knowing that I'm using safe soap on the bottles and binkies when I'm not at home. This soap is really good at cleaning out bottles. I found a sippy cup of milk under the couch the other day. (Ewwww) The Dapple dish soap worked really well at getting it clean with minimal scrubbing.

If you're trying to make the switch to clean, safe, or organic baby products, their clean-up kit is a good place to start. You can purchase their products through their website or the retailers listed Here. You can also find Dapple on Facebook Here and on Twitter Here.


As always, this review represents my personal honest opinions and I was not compensated in any way other than receiving product samples.

1 comment:

  1. Mr Oven Cleaner professionally clean all makes and models of cookers, including ranges, Agas, Rayburns and more on a daily basis, which gives us the knowledge to deep clean any oven.

    ReplyDelete

Find Me On Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab my Button

Once Upon a Baby

Followers

My Favorites

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana