Thursday, 18 February 2010

Bummas, Cute Little Wipes for Cute Little Hinys

As you all know, we cloth diaper. Not only do we not use disposable diapers, but we are phasing out store bought wipes. I ran across Bummas wipes and they were kind enough to send me a sample to review.

Bummas were thought up by a mama who needed a solution to a problem. She noticed that after wiping her baby, his bum was too wet to put a diaper on right away. She came up with these super absorbent little wipes to dry her little guy off with.

We've put them through rigorous testing and they work great in every aspect. The size is just right for a wipe and also works great to clean up a spit up mess. They are made of 100% cotton woven velour terry cloth. The material is soft enough for your baby's bum, but still "grippy" (yes, I know it's not a word) enough to clean up even the yuckiest poo messes. I tested it on both infant bums and a toddler bum and was pleased with the results for both.

They are available in a variety of color sets so there is surely something that will suit your tastes. The ones pictured above are the boys and the wild ones. They can be purchased here for only $16.99 for a ten pack. That's only $1.69 per wipe. It's a great deal considering that other brands wipes sell for around $2 per wipe. Think of what you could save by switching from disposables to cloth wipes.It's also another great way to make a baby step towards reducing your carbon footprint.
Updated The Winner Is Earthlymama:

Bummas is offering one lucky reader the chance to win a pack of Bummas.
Here's how to enter:
Visit Bummas and comment telling me which color combination you would choose if you win. *This entry is mandatory. If not included additional entries will be void.*
Make sure to include an email address to contact you by.
Want extra entries? Leave one comment for each entry.
*Follow this blog publicly.
*Become a fan of Once Upon a Baby on Facebook
*Follow Once Upon a Baby on Twitter
*Grab my button for your blog. Leave a link to your blog in the comment.
*Blog about this giveaway linking to this post. Put a link to your blog in the comment.

Ends at noon pacific time on 3/5/10. Winner will be determined by random.org. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn. As always this is an honest review full of my own opinions. I was not compensated in any way other than receiving bummas to review.

69 comments:

  1. I LOVE "The Calm Ones." They match my Sprout's nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of OUAB on Facebook.
    (Gretchen S.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow you!

    aronsen40 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. following you on twitter! (Jaimelar)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and I forgot to add that I would choose the color combo (the wild ones) so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would probably get the wild ones!

    cakesnob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love The Boys color combo! I follow the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't realize that following the blog was a separate entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the calm collection, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the Wild Ones!
    kdegruy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I follow you.
    kdegruy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a fan on FB!
    kdegruy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I follow you on twitter @alyssabug.
    kdegruy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would choose the wild ones!

    urchiken at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the "Calm Ones" They would be great for Julia or her new little brother!


    smithmn1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I follow this blog :)


    smithmn1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I blogged about the giveaway

    http://crunchypandabear.blogspot.com/2010/02/cloth-wipes.html

    smithmn1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the bqby boy ones, this sounds like a great concept, I hope lots of mommies start using these, they look awsome!
    kes8342@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a follower! I like The Calm Ones. I also follow Once Upon a Baby on Facebook.

    Nikkinorfolk@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would choose the Wild Ones. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a fan of Once Upon a Baby on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I follow Once Upon a Baby on Twitter.
    (@alannanoelle)

    ReplyDelete
  23. i would choose the boys.

    nikkiseesholtz @ yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  24. follow your blog!

    nikkiseesholtz @ yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love "the wild ones" -- great colors!

    newestmoon@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Am also following you now! Glad I discovered your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Boys of course!!
    chelso935@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like the wild ones!

    jessiessie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I follow your blog

    jessiessie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm a fan of OUAB on facebook

    jessiessie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'd choose The Wild Ones!
    garyandalesha at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  32. Blog follower
    garyandalesha at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  33. FB fan (Alesha Y Jacobsen)
    garyandalesha at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  34. Following on twitter @JacobsenFamily
    garyandalesha at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  35. Button on right sidebar
    http://ourjacobsenfamily.blogspot.com
    garyandalesha at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  36. I like the calm ones.

    ginamiller7 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I follow your blog.

    ginamiller7 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm a fan on facebook!

    ginamiller7 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'd choose The Calm Ones
    mmclean13 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. blog follower
    mmclean13 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Facebook Fan
    mmclean13 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. twitter follower @cheapandcreativ
    mmclean13 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. button:
    http://cheapandcreative.blogspot.com/p/blogs-i-recommend.html
    mmclean13 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the calm ones set of wipes. they are so cute!
    writeroxie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. i follow your blog publicly!
    writeroxie at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. i am a fan of OUAB on facebook as roxanne debord
    writeroxie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. i follow you on twitter as twitter.com/writeroxie
    writeroxie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. i put your button on my blog.
    stinkermama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love the wild ones, great colors.

    Wendy
    wlcw425@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. I follow you on facebook :)

    Wendy
    wlcw425@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. i would like the calm ones b/c the fit my personality
    vedodili@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. i follow this blog
    vedodili@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. i follow on facebook
    vedodili@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. i follow on twitter
    vedodili@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. I'd like the Wild Ones for my little boy. Thanks! tylerpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. I follow your blog publicly. tylerpants(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. The Wild Ones would be great, I like the variety of colors! peanut{at}nyc.rr.com

    ReplyDelete

Find Me On Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab my Button

Once Upon a Baby

Followers

My Favorites

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana