Sunday, 17 January 2010

A Weekend of Sewing

I took a break from posting the last few days so that I could devote some time to various projects. I'm amazed at what I can accomplish after B-Bear and the husband are in bed.

Four Nb fitted cloth diapers. I am so thrilled with how they turned out. Oh the cuteness!

A kitchen wet bag. This was the first time I've ever sewn in a zipper and I didn't screw it up. I think I'll try and get a tutorial up for this sometime this week. "What is it for?", you ask. Ah, allow me to enlighten you. The amount of paper products that we all use in our kitchen is absolutely alarming and completely wasteful. One of my big goals for 2010 is to completely eliminate paper from our kitchen. This means no more paper towels! I recently bought these unpaper towels from Green Tree Threads at the Club Thread Congo. I also plan on making some for myself and also making a bunch of cloth napkins. It should eliminate the need for paper towels or napkins in the kitchen. I'm really excited about it, so hopefully the husband can get on board too. So where do all these cloth towels and napkins go? In the kitchen wet bag of course! It's lined with PUL, a waterproof fabric used in diaper making and I can't wait to try it out.
I also almost finished my Mai tai carrier, although I accidentally made the straps about half as thick as I wanted them to be, but oh well. Hopefully it will still work for the babies.

2 comments:

  1. Love the wet bag. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be happy to take those diapers off your hands as soon as you're done with them, Thanks! :)

    Awesome job, the kitchen wet bag is a great idea as well.

    ReplyDelete

Find Me On Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab my Button

Once Upon a Baby

Followers

My Favorites

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana