Saturday, 23 January 2010

Trimsies Diaper Pattern Review


After hearing fabulous reviews of the Trimsies pattern on the Diaper Sewing Divas forum, I thought I'd give it a shot and sew one myself. I'm pleasantly surprised with the result! I've sewn a good deal of fitteds and covers, but this is my first AIO (all in one). The diaper I made was made of an outer layer of PUL and inner layers of bamboo velour and hemp fleece. My diaper didn't come out perfect, I had some issues sewing around the snaps, but other than that it is pretty good for my first AIO.

Difficulty Level: Easy. You should already know some sewing basics and be familiar with a serger and snap press (or these awesome pliers...wish I had some).

Instructions: A+, The instructions are easy to follow and have tons of helpful pictures and tips.

Price of Pattern: $8. I'd say that's an A+ for price too. :) Seems reasonable to me. There is no shipping charge because it is a pdf file sent to you within 24 hours, which is also nice.

Finished Diaper: Very trim, just like the name says. I really like the fit and the absorbency that the sewn in soakers give. It also had a very good drying time because it is essentially a quick-dry soaker.

Overall: A+, I have a feeling that my boys will be wearing quite a few of these. I love the pattern and the finished diaper and will be making more soon.

If you are working on building a stash and are handy with a sewing machine you are definitely going to want to check out this pattern. You can purchase the pattern here.

1 comment:

Find Me On Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab my Button

Once Upon a Baby

Followers

My Favorites

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana